Nov 22 2010

Chris Tomlin is our guest today!

Chris Tomlin is our guest on the show today! Lots going on in his life lately...Chris is a newlywed (awww!) and has a new album, "And if our God is for Us," that just released last week. Got something you want to say to Chris? Feel free to share it here!

Chris Tomlin on his songs off his new album and the passion behind them:

Chris Tomlin talks about his relationship with his wife and "bowlin'" haircut:

Listen to the full interview

Tags:
Categories:
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

Comments (17) -

11/22/2010 3:05:39 PM
Trina Ula United States
Trina Ula
Hilarious! Keep on praising the LORD Chris and leading the body in worship. We thank God with you for your wife -- what God has joined together, let know man put assunder. Awesome. Bring her to Guam for a honeymoon and play a few songs for us while you are here! NOONE EVER COMES TO GUAM Remember?
11/22/2010 3:15:21 PM
Kathy United States
Kathy
Just like to say thank you for the awesome ministry Chris has.I can't tell you how many times I've been able to use your music as personal prayer and praise when I didn't have the words to pray myself.You have a wonderful gift!Congratulations to you and your new bride-may the Lord bless you with many joyful years together!
11/22/2010 3:16:12 PM
Kayla United States
Kayla
HAHAHAHA ohhhh this is awesome!! ....is this sold on iTunes?  "Don't let a bowl cut get to your head" -- sorry...my mom gave me a bowl cut when I was little. :/

And Chris, I praise God for your music and the passion for Christ that spills out when you sing!  These past few months have been very emotional for me and I am sprinting towards Christ and I just wanted to say that Chris your music makes me feel surrounded with God's love and a warm embrace when I need it.  It really helps keep me going to Christ when I feel down.  My Christmas list has your albums on it (I just became a fan of yours recently). Smile

God Bless you!!
11/22/2010 3:18:55 PM
Magdelena United States
Magdelena
WOW!!  I just wanted to say that since I have given my life to Jesus.. Chris Tomlin's music has played a huge part in my life. It was like ever since I heard his songs.. It was like I had heard them before.. ( WHich I never had..) Worship at church was also his songs.. Which I did not know.. But when I found out.. You could say I am the # 1 Chris Tomlin fan..  Thank You for bring us all together in Worship to the One and only.. God. And Saviour Jesus..   Congrat's on your being married..   Best Regards..  Wink
11/22/2010 3:38:02 PM
Magdelena United States
Magdelena
The Bowlin video was BOmB!!   I saw the same like bump ( Bobbin his head)  that Chris did on the new site for the CD And if our God is for us..   Wink   Nice!!!   More music like this please.. !!  LOL  Although all the music is good..  This is a great stlye for him!!   Thanks..
11/22/2010 3:38:13 PM
Magdelena
Magdelena
11/22/2010 3:38:21 PM
Magdelena
Magdelena
11/22/2010 3:47:00 PM
Scott United States
Scott
My wife and I had our church worship team play 3 Chris Tomlin songs at our wedding last year...Jesus Messiah, Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) & How Great Is Our God.  We saw Chris in concert last winter & he played all 3.  Those songs will always be special to us.
11/22/2010 3:48:45 PM
Cathy Jo United States
Cathy Jo
I just want to say that your music is amazing!  I am recently back to the Church, and your cd was the first that I bought.  I have your latest, and there is a song that hits my heart....  You are incredibly talented.  I love your music
11/22/2010 3:58:35 PM
Ericka United States
Ericka
I just wanted to say that How Great is our God is my families theme song. We sing it everywhere we go and the people at our church say that this is my husband's theme song. My three year old has heard it so much that she can lead it by herself. We love Chris' music and thank God for sending such a powerful message through such a wonderful spirit.
11/22/2010 4:23:33 PM
Ericka United States
Ericka
Thanks Guys, that was excellent!
11/22/2010 5:28:26 PM
Laura United States
Laura
Chris, I just want you to know that your song "Sing, Sing,Sing" really speaks to me. My wonderful husband went home to be with the Lord
6 and 1/2 years ago at the age of 45. I was 40 and we had 3 kids ages 8,6, and 22 months. The line about sing with the heavens makes me think of me here singing with him in heaven. Thanks for a great song!
11/23/2010 9:03:40 AM
julie United States
julie
Chris, Your version of Amazing Grace has been such a blessing to me.  I lost my son, Shane, 2 months ago due to a drug overdose.He was 21. found this song to play at the funeral. All I could do was lift my hands to praise God when it was played.It spoke to my heart immediately when I heard it! My son had been battling (for a few years and was trying/wanting to get better.He was saved and baptized at an earlier age. A week before his death, he updated his MYSpace.He listed the person he said he'd most like to meet was GOD!I received prophesy when I was pregnant with him he was to be a mighty man of God, and he knew this).... I was having a bad day last Thurs. so I went to the cemetary to spend alittle time.  Guess what song came on K-Love as I turned into the cemetary? Yes,Amazing Grace(my chains are broken, I've been set free)Confirmation!!! I knew things were going to be alright and had a peace only God can give. Thanks Chris for sharing your music and your love of God with all of us!!
11/23/2010 11:06:53 AM
Margaret United States
Margaret
Hi Chris!
I heard the interview on KLOVE last night and I enjoyed the story of how you proposed to Lauren.Our proposal wasn't that romantic,I believe it is what cames after the wedding that counts the most.Please don't feel bad that you got married at 38.I was married at 37 and would do it all over again.On my 35th birthday I prayed to GOD and put everything into HIS hands.I told GOD that I was finished with dating,and if HE is preparing a man for me,HE had better have the man knock on my door.I am no long going to look for him.3 weeks later,in a drummer's basement, I meet the man I would end up marrying.My husband is a GOD send and has a heart for worship.
My husband and I have seen you 3 times live and enjoyed the worship very very much!
Please keep coming back to Pittsburgh!!
You sold out the Consol Energy Center(16,000 +)when you were here in September!!
Keep Rockin' for JESUS!!
11/26/2010 8:00:23 PM
Caleb J. LeJune United States
Caleb J. LeJune
The Bolin Music was sorry!!  The beat is cool but because it does not honor Christ and it does not help me with being unselfish then it was the worst music movie that you could put up ever!!  Do not play music like this!!!   The young people like it  because it is os entertaining but in  reality life is not a game!!!  There is to much at stake to play or listen to music like that.   All that highschoolers know in public school is sex education they do not understand  love just lust and feelings.  You can be rased  in a Christian home but then to be taught in the World's system the kids get confused and arre influenced to much turn away from God.  They are taught taht Education is the way but we know that Jesus IS THE ONLY WAY, TRUTH, AND LIFE!!!  That is what dating is based on  and centered on feelings, looks, materials, and personality but not God!!!    I am sorry but Please do not put anymore videos like that on the songs was about sex, girls, money and worst of all self.  LOVE IS NOT SELFISH!!!   POSITIVE AND ENCOURAGING KLOVE not positive in the sence that everything is about us but bringing glory to God and to love everybody else.  I love your station but when I see  or hear songs like that it does not go with your purpose.    I thankyou for all that you guys have done for my family.  My three youngest syblings arre listening to Klove at 88.7 while they sleep!!!!  God Bless and have a great Thanksgiving!
12/14/2010 3:28:47 PM
Mindy United States
Mindy
Hi Chris,
When I heard you were a guest on k-love, I knew it was the time to share my small story.  Unfortunately, it has taken me this long to actually get to the computer to do so.  I went on a mission trip to Japan in 2002.  A friend of mine asked if their was a song that she could use as a sort of prayer for me while I was gone.  (She was part of the worship team at our church.)  I told her "Enough."  So we went to Japan and ministered.  Many prayers were answered during this incredible trip.  Our church offered our team a time for sharing a couple weeks after we returned. Before it was our turn to go up on stage, we spent some time in worship.  I was glad for this time because I was quite nervous about speaking in front of everyone.  The very last song we sung before going up on stage was, yep, "Enough."  I wish I would have had the wits to tell the congregation right then about this cool "God thing."  That song will always mean alot to me.  Thanks for your ministry.
2/10/2011 1:55:28 PM
Isabella United States
Isabella
Wazzzzzzzz up my man I just stop on in to really talk to u , I don't know if u will get this toaday or ever get this message , but I just wanted to say come back to Knoxville so icon meet u. I heard u & ur wife have 2 kids is that true? That's my quiestion for u . Has any girl ever told u she has a crush on u?can u tell when u met girls that they have a crush on u or not ? Let me soon to know if ur really there I love u baby.see u later baby again  I really do love u in a wired way .our god is greater our god is stronger god you are higher than any other ohh our god .bye baby I love u chris tomlin I am ur # 1 fan baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments are closed
Special Guest Natalie Grant
Oct 25 2012

Special Guest Natalie Grant

I got to talk to 2012 Grammy Nominee Natalie Grant today. She is also combats human trafficking with Abolition International, which she founded in 2005.

Working on a New Album

Receiving the Kettler Award for Social Justice from The Sisters of Divine Providence

Meeting the President of the United States of America

The comments about meeting the President

Tags:
Categories:
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Comments are closed